Well-Centric invests £300,000 in workshop expansion
2 Jun 2016
We are delighted to announce that we have expanded and upgraded our workshop facilities to widen the scope of the repair and maintenance service that we offer our customers.
The £300,000 revamp of our Dyce workshop provides additional capacity and allows us to offer our high-quality maintenance, repair and testing services on a fuller range of oil and gas related equipment.
As well as expertise in repair and refurbishment of wellhead and Xmas tree assemblies, Well-Centric has extensive knowledge and experience of servicing a complete range of workover and intervention related equipment.
With 30,000 sq.ft. of workshop space, 8,000 sq.ft. of external yard, and a new 16-tonne overhead crane, the new facility is equipped to handle large items, a wide variety of oil and gas related equipment, and high workloads during busy periods.
Well-Centric Chief Executive Officer, Chris Mawtus, said the expansion demonstrated the company’s commitment to meeting the needs of our customers through the market downturn.
He said: “At Well-Centric, we are not afraid to invest in what we know will be of benefit to you. We know how much you value the quality and reliability of our service. In this market in particular, we know it’s vital to offer a complete repair and maintenance service that ensures components are returned to service quickly and cost-effectively.
“Being able to offer Well-Centric’s market-leading service on a fuller range of oilfield equipment - and expanding our capacity - truly allows us to be your service provider of choice."
The upgraded workshop facilities are available for general use and can be utilised for any type of maintenance and repair projects.
Workshop equipment highlights:
- 30,000ft2 / 2,790m² workshop space
- 8,000ft2 / 740m² external yard area
- 16T overhead crane
- 12T & 5T counterbalance forklifts
- Pressure test facilities capable of testing over 15,000psi, with internal camera monitoring
- Wash-down area
- Work benches
- All necessary tools, pumps & work benches to carry out significant maintenance on a variety of oil & gas related equipment
Workshop capabilities highlights:
- Assembly, functioning testing and pressure testing of wellheads and Xmas Trees
- Wellhead and Xmas Tree stack up testing and functioning
- Disassembly, cleaning, inspection, measurement, servicing, reassembly and testing of equipment from the field
- Maintenance and repair of high pressure pumps and Well Control Units/Well Services Panels
- Valve & actuator repair
- Gate & seat re-facing
- Stem & actuator re-surfacing
- Re-cladding hard metal facing
- Light sand blasting and painting
- Degreasing and pressure washing
- Certification and QA/QC inspection
Well-Centric was recently named Great Small Company of the Year at the SPE Aberdeen Offshore Achievement Awards, in recognition of excellence in performance.
Judges were impressed with the company’s development to date, including successful creation and growth; clear strategic direction; strong product / service differentiation; as well as clear evidence of plans for the future success and growth of the company, within the UK and internationally.